Okay I’m about to get deep. Try to keep up with me. I don’t usually get this way about politics, because I have found–that like religion–people like to have discussions about subjects they have done NO homework on. I’m sorry, but occasionally overhearing the news while you’re waiting for the “RnB Afternoon Drive Home” to continue the Monster Mix don’t count.
And neither do listening to quasi-political, Black Power arguments by 25 year old so-called revolutionary poets. I will not argue with an 8 year old over the validity of the Santa Claus legend (who was actually a PERSECUTOR of Christians, btw). I’ll damn sure not argue with anyone over this subect, which is why it’s an article and not a thread on a forum or something.
So, to be honest, I really don’t give a damn about this election. But it is telling. It isn’t about White versus Black. It isn’t about Republicans taking over the House, or Democrats not getting enough Black support. But it IS about this nation being pissed the Hell off about having a Black President, and the desire to castrate his Black ass while he’s President. If you care about this President (and I’m a Republican, by the way)–I do–educate yourself, and stop wasting your grassroots political power. Like this election. More on that later.
Like I said, this election was more about Obama than people realize. The whole reason we have a “Tae” Party (mispelled intentionally… google “Tae Tagalog translate”) is because there is a Black man as President. And don’t have me that “well he’s only HALF black” bs… are we in America? Is the 1 drop rule still the law of the land? (by the way, it’s amazing to me that we have so-called “conscious” Black folk who will call Bill Clinton our first Black President, but criticize Obama for not being “Black” enough!) Okay then, next topic!
Let me say this: The reason the Democrats lost so many seats is because, at its foundation, Dems don’t stand for shit. We all know that. And the ones you lost were lousy Dems anyway. They waffled a lot, and that’s why they lost. See, here’s the thing. When you’re not consistent, people lose interest in you. Michael Jordan was consistent. So he kept fans. Prince consistently puts on good shows, so he is always sold out on the road, regardless if he’s got out a hit in the last decade or not. Minister Louis Farrakhan never fails to energize an audience, so he will always be revered as well as reviled by others. When a politician loses steam, it’s because he was not consistent in what he did to get popular. You can apply this to anything: sports, politics, products, comedy, acting, slam poetry. When you waffle, people lose interest.
Obama’s claim to fame was that he was the right man for the job at the right time. To say he won because he was “anyone but Bush” is not just an understatement, it is an insult. Politically, he hadn’t done anything to excite the country. Admit it, most of you had barely even heard the man’s name before the election. But he is smart as a whip, he had the character and moral strength of a Black President (not even a broken heart in college… you know they was diggin’. Couldn’t find anything on this powerful, God-fearing black male. I love it). He knew White people enough to inspire, lead and motivate them. And he was not so “Black” that the country would revolt if we elected him. Black folk would have supported him no matter what (unless there was a belief he only had a snowball chance in hell of winning), and White people could satisfy the need to show they aren’t racist by supporting at most, a moderate Black man.
But his fight has just begun. He managed to stay alive all this time, and even kept his nose clean with the dirt-diggers. So plan B went well as planned. Plan B was to get him to say what’s REALLY on his mind, and, like a true blue dem, he won’t… for the subjects that really mattered. I have long said, that if he were to become a GREAT Black President, he needs to do things that would damn near get him killed. I’m talking about not tip-toe the line, but boldly either step over the line, stomp on the line, or stay to the other side. It don’t have to be the same reaction every single time. Don’t wave with the wind, you have to stand your ground and let people know where you stand. You can’t please everybody, and there you have the problem with the Demon-crats: they don’t stand for shit. Our beloved President has fallen into that trap. I knew it when he backed away from his Pastor when the shit hit the fan. Good Lord, your religious guide? If he did that when the heat got turned up, what’s he gonna do to his faithful supporters? But he wanted to win the election, you say. Okay, I’ll give you that. We needed to get that Brotha into office. Do what you gotta do.
And speaking of which, this is what our beloved Brotha President must do. If Palin’s trailer park ass gets the Republic nomination, I’m joining the TAE party!
- He better understand that he is BLACK, and a BLACK president, and this country is PISSED the hell off because of that fact. Stop playing the game that those before you made because it won’t work for you. Stand for things you really believe and to hell what people think. That will give you cemented supporters.You say, that you’re a Christian, right? Does your Bible tell you that homosexuality is a sin? Did you learn that while under Jeremiah Wright? Do you *really* believe that abortion is okay? Does your Bible teach you that it’s wrong? My brother, take a fucking stand. You would be surprised how many people on both sides of the aisle have been waiting for a President with the testicular fortitude to say what’s on not just their mind, but YOUR mind. Then do what a President does, and make that shit a law. Do you really believe that legalizing marijuana is okay? All you need is $100 and a connection to get card? Use your Executive Privilege and change this bullshit law! You don’t need Congress or the Supreme Court to back you, have some BALLS! You will be supported by Black and White on that issue, Dems, Republicans, and Tea party members! You united us when you won, now do something BOLD and something that will be MEMORABLE.
- If people are saying and doing racist offenses, you no longer have to pander, bro, you are in office. Demand respect. You’ve long earned it. But if you fail to demand it, none will be given. Stop allowing assholes in the press to refer to you as “Obama”. You’re the fucking President of the greatest nation on Earth. Act like it. Congress is a check and balance system, they are not your boss. Go and regulate. Hell, George Bush’s ignant behind did it, you can do it. You might have to work a little harder. Go face to face. There is something about facing your enemies when you are close enough to cut their throat. Turns em into wimps. And if you are right–if you have a good argument–they just might be converts. It’s why the last mayor of Washington DC could win an election with very little political experience. He went and knocked on tens of thousands of doors, one at a time, and walked away with respect, awe, and a newly converted supporter. And you ask anyone from Washington DC–did DC grow under this man’s administration. Amazing power. Obama is buffered too much from his opponents, and we that love him can see his glow, but there are many that must see it in person. There is a saying that a converted enemy can be the most powerful, most outspoken ally of them all. Look at Paul. Look at Constantine.
- Remember than you are, secondly, a politician. You will not always get your way. If you force your way through all the time, you will lose support. Sometimes, you must listen to the the masses and go their way. Yes it is a slight sell-out, but a small bend for the good of the cause. It is, in essence, collateral damage. Just don’t make a concession that is highly damaging. That crap you pulled with Afghanistan (moving the war there), Obamacare (something that really no one but Big Business Medical Industry wanted), and Fail-outs just killed you politically, sir. Although many people are p.o.ed because there is a Black President, not all Tea Party members are racist or mad that a Brotha is President. They just don’t want to see status quo, and you are all too guilty of continuing it. They are really waiting for a strong President who will do what this country needs to make a change; and Big Business is not the way to go. Give your opponents some of the small victories that you aren’t crazy about, but actually good for the country, and they will have no choice but to support you. My advice: Read Michael Savage’s book “Trickle UP Poverty”. He is an ultra conservative, a very smart man (despite having the personality of a drug addict), and actually offers a GREAT solution to many of this country’s problems. He is one of your enemies. But he is not a racist, although on the surface he seems like one, and he has very gutsy, practical solutions. You MUST reach across the aisle, as your speeches always ask your opponents to do.
- Don’t forget that you are a Black Man, and you DO owe us. We got you in Brotha. If another Black person ran, say, Condoleeza Rice, we would still be sitting here thinking that a Black Man won’t be President in our lifetime. Understand that even though most Black American voters are Democrats–as a community we are FAR from liberal. We do not support gay marriage as a community. We do not support a ban on guns. We are not all that fond of Welfare. We do not support Abortion as a whole. You must think like we think, not a Democrat. Because if you do one thing Dems don’t feel, they will toss you out. And here’s the thing about most Democrats: they are actually pretty darned conservative as well! It’s just that they have more in common with Dems on socio-political issues than waffly stuff like that. MOST Dem politicians don’t believe in all that garbage either. They just pretend to support weed because it will get them the young vote. They support welfare and illegal immigration because they think Black and Brown people support it. Seriously, most of us don’t give a damn like that anyway. Shit, 50 years ago a Black family couldnt even get ON welfare! And ask yourself, revolutionaries: WWMD? What would Malcolm X do? You like quoting him and wearing shirts with him on it, would he advocate legalizing weed? Would he support gay marriage? Did he want Black people to accept public benefits? Hell No. We are just waiting for a candidate who makes decisions that actually elevates our cause, and says what we been trying to say for years.
So that being said. The playing field just got fairer. Our president will have to use his charisma with the people who matter most NOW to get his mission accomplished. He will have to drop the song and dance and stand for something. He won’t please everyone, but he will have to make a real “change”:
- return money to the people. lessen taxes, which gives people more money to spend, and force our government to REALLY go on a diet. lower taxes, spend less. period.
- Cut ties with Israel. They are expensive friends, and they start shit that we have to fight. screw em. We need to stop financing their terrorism, and make them fight their own fight.
- spend less by bringing our troops home. period. NOW. Afghanistan and Iraq lost the war. It will de-arm bin Laden’s purpose for hating America. They can rebuild. let Haliburton loan them money to rebuild if you want to give out reparations.
- speaking of reparations. Have some balls my brotha. it’s time the Black man got some. you know it, don’t act like we aren’t owed it. lay down the ground work. There are thousands of companies…. like the government–that reaped the benefits of slavery. Portugal, Spain, and England can all kick in. The question is, what to do with the money? I’ll tell you–pay for education. improve schools with more than 40% black children in attendance. provide free or low-cost day care centers to get moms and dads working–even if mom and dad are together. the number one reason I hate welfare is that it is only available if the man is not in the house. it discourages marriages in the black community. So the million dollar question: where does the money come from? EVERY INDUSTRY THAT BENEFITED FROM SLAVERY. insurance companies, cotton/textiles, agriculture, the railroad in the south, the iron industry, the federal government.
- the federal government? YES. let’s get rid of welfare, and save it only for men and women who are too sick and old to work, and put THAT money into reparations. Along with the tax we levy onto industries that benefited from slavery.
- restore money to our military. we are not safe. It ain’t your fault, but we aren’t safe. Even American Muslims are being taken hostage. the military needs it. and during peace time, they can be used for
- illegal immigration. all it takes to get here is proper documents and small fee. this way, everyone here is locatable, and pays taxes while they are here. anything wrong with that? immigrants DO work, i know they are not lazy, but they must be documented. Are you documented? do you pay taxes? can YOU be located in America? shouldn’t they? that’s why a man commits a crime, and majority of the time he gets caught. man makes a baby, he is located and pays support. any mexican, nigerian, or canadian can come here… with the right documentation. maybe it’s about race for some people, or it’s about votes, but at it’s core its about respecting our laws.
- cut down foreign aid. we’re paying too much. period. save money for US.
- how about rooting out the assholes who destroyed our economy with sinful loans and real estate practices? they’ve made millions, while destroying lives. another source of income!
- find the people who raped our treasury during the last war and bring them to justice–like the $16 per serving meals sold by Halliburton and the $40/gallon tanks of gas sold to our military by Chevron? make them repay the country. income.
- put cheney, rumsfield and bush on trial for treason. yeah, you don’t win a conviction, but you’ll scare the shit out of them, and they will know you the wrong black man to F with! plus i love hearing Bush try to talk without a teleprompter… makes me feel superior. Who’s the War President now, Georgie? LOL!
- and if you want to whip some ass, declare war on the country that clearly has hurt our country: Columbia. They can’t fuck with us on a military tip. it’ll be a military win to restore respect. right now, we’re like the big kid that got his ass whipped by the kid from the math club–everybody thinks they can take us. Even North Korea wants to fight. NGA waaa??? Let’s stomp Columbia, and kick em in the nads and turn all our attention to North Korea. that’ll shut them up. they will realize this really isn’t about oil, fool, we will spank that ass. worried that we don’t have enough troops? go to the prison system. Nigroe you did say yo ass is a gangsta, didn’t you? like to shoot people don’t ya? well then nigga put on this uniform and form up! lotsa sexually frustrated, iron-pumping men who OWE this country their lives. two birds with one stone: loosen the prison system, might not have to execute some of them fools on death row, and we don’t even have to pay them!
- after Columbia and Korea, we can rent out our new gansta military to Mexico, HOnduras and El salvador to get rid of their military. Nigga you wanted to have fucking race riots in the prison system, you can serve your country and REALLY kick some Esay boodie!did i mention that we don’t have to pay them?
okay, i’m getting silly. But this election just woke up the political landscape. listen, because America has spoken. I pray that our president don’t just become another by-the-book president. he can become great, despite the congressional climate, but he will need to be BOLD.
Bottom line, we need to increase the money going to people–which stimulates the economy–increase the streams of income to the government (from the companies that ripped us off in the first place), and cut down the excessive spending. This in turn will create jobs, create wealth, and put money where it belongs. the better economy will alleviate crime and benefit all corners of this country.
I want to add… that Pres Obama is being blamed for Bush’s mess. The problem is that the five most drastic things he can do to put a major dent in the deficit, he’s not doing. They are so off the path, but effective. And it would take a ton of courage to do it, and he would have to damn near commit political suicide (like Lincoln and Kennedy did) for the good of the nation. Become a martyr, and you will be remembered by history. Play it safe, and you will be forgotten:
1. Sever ties with Israel. It’s bad for our security, and expensive as hell.
2. Lower taxes. Put money back into the hands of the voter. What comes with this is a TRUE cut in spending. He should start with bonuses and per diem for himself and Congress (not security, I’m talking lavishness).
3. End the war. In Afghanistan AND Iraq. Too much money, too many deaths, and hurts our security while empowering our enemies.
4. Levy HEAVY penalties on those who profiteered off the war, the real estate crisis, and the financial downfall. Make them bastards pay it back and bring criminal charges to those who deserve it.
5. Heavily cut back on foreign spending and welfare. Put the money into education and places that will REALLY stimulate the economy.
Told you my ass can get political… Thanks for visiting my blog.