I recently came across this article on “The Easiest(and Best) Tomato Sauce Recipe“. Yuck. I normally enjoy Yahoo’s articles, but who the hell comes up with some of this stuff? Sorry, Yahoo, but that didn’t even sound appetizing. And yes, I won’t waste good tomatoes trying-it-before-knocking-it.
A spaghetti sauce with only tomatoes, and onion and BUTTER (yes, you read that right: butter) is freaking blasphemy! I know this and I’m not even Eye-talian!
Today, you can call me a “Negro-talian-pino”, because I am going to share my world-famous recipe, minus a few steps because asking me for my real recipes is like asking to see me take a shower. But I guarantee if you tweak it here and there, you will never use the canned/jarred crap again. And you might drive all the way to your momma’s house and slapping her because my version is going to be so much more superior.
Take notes, and Chef Boyardee, eat your heart out.
Mustafa Akamo’s World-Famous Spaghetti Sauce
- chop 2 – 3 lbs of tomatoes and simmer for 3 – 4 hours
- add OLIVE OIL, not butter. you choose the amount
- dice a large onion into very small pieces
- dice 1 each: green pepper, red pepper, and yellow pepper
- dice 1 eggplant about the size of your hand
- chop a handful of garlic
- 2 cubes of vegetable bouillon
- bay leaf
- black pepper
- during the 3rd hour, add one well-drained, chopped tomato, one chopped green pepper, and mushroom and meatballs, if you want them. Add salt if you need to (you probably won’t)
- The sauce is done when very thick and very little water collects at the top
The end. Now after grubbing, you have my permission to slap yo momma. LOL
Next time I make a batch, I’ll post pictures. Trust me, your local restaurant doesn’t have anything on this! Readers, if you do try it and love my recipe, please post a comment!
Thanks for visiting my blog.